POSITION SUMMARY :
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is currently seeking full time TRAQ Certified Arborists to support our Vegetation Management Operations throughout California and possible parts of Nevada.
Our Arborists will be responsible for inspecting trees, flagging hazardous trees, and providing subject matter expert recommendations on tree management. Certified Arborists are ISA Certified (or similar) and TRAQ qualified and are trained and proficient in assessing the health of fire-damaged trees. Arborists, when not a part of a Hazard Tree Assessment Strike Team, may perform other tree assessment services.
Read through the RESPONSIBILITIES, and REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY to obtain a thorough understanding of the position and skill level we are seeking for this position. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Ensure SAFETY protocols are followed at all times
- Perform tree inspections
- Identify, flag, communicate all hazardous trees
- Provide recommendations on tree management
- Work with operational leaders
- Manage and coordinate daily vegetation operations
- Submit details and information to vegetation management leaders
- Perform all other applicable duties to meet project deadlines and goals
- Authorized to work in the US
- Certified Arborist through (ISA, ASCA or Certified or Degreed Forester)
- TRAQ Certified
- Licensed, Registered and/or Certified in Vegetation Management, Forestry, or Arboriculture
- Proficient with GIS Application experience (i.e., Arc Collector, Fulcrum)
- Strong organizational/time management skills
- Excellent communication both verbal and written with attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in using technology including cell phone, tablet, apps, GPS, Microsoft Office Suite, and range finders.
- Willingness to Travel
- Ability to read and follow Maps
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and in inclement weather
- Ability to work long hours and on your feet for 50+ hours a week
- Ability to respond to public concerns and questions about the work
- Ability to respond and answer Contractor’s questions and concerns about work specifications and requirements.
- Pro-Actively promote Safety & Maintain a Safe Work Environment
- Three (3+) years Certified Arborist (i.e., International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), America Society of Consulting Arborist (ASCA), or certified or a degreed Forester)
- Also has to be Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ).
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED Card is a PLUS but not required
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Health Insurance – Eligible after 90-day probationary period.
- Vision Insurance – Eligible after 90-day probationary period.
- Dental Insurance – Eligible after 90-day probationary period.
- 401K – Eligibility after completion of 60-day period
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nine (9) Company Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
- All job essential equipment provided
- Position may qualify for Per Diem – To be determined
Hourly Rate of Pay: Competitive rate of pay – based on experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Employment Type: Permanent
Position Type: Exempt
Multiple locations throughout California & Nevada