POSITION SUMMARY :
We are currently seeking junior level Project Manager for natural gas and electric utility projects in San Ramon.
Read through the RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, and DUTIES CAREFULLY to obtain a thorough understanding of the position and skill level we are seeking for this position. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
The Project Manager position requires mastery of the journey level Project Manager job duties, and in addition, under general direction, exercises judgment and discretion and is responsible for all aspects of the projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Project duration is generally multi-year, requires significant risk management, and may include formal partnering agreements with outside
or agency firms
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
• 3-5 years of experience in project management, project controls, engineering and/or construction
• Position includes job site visits about 25%
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
• Experience using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
• Experience managing construction projects
• Utility Project Management experience
• Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills Duties
• Responsible for project tracking, analysis and communication of project cost, scope and schedule.
• Establish and lead project team with agreed-upon roles and responsibilities
• Obtain commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans
• Act as a liaison between owners, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, project team, management and other departments to obtain approval as needed.
• Assess project risk and formulate contingency plans to mitigate the risks.
• Implement quality standards, review project deliverables and communicate variances accordingly.
• Identify and communicate lessons learned and incorporate prior lessons learned as best practices into projects.
• Identify project performance issues, analyze and address them in a timely manner.
• Effectively complete multiple projects concurrently and provide guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.
• Negotiate third party contracts, in support of other departments when appropriate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We offer excellent pay, benefits.