Project Control Scheduler
Project Control Scheduler
We are currently seeking Full Time Senior level Project Control Scheduler for natural gas and electric utility projects in San Diego.
Read through the RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, and DUTIES CAREFULLY to obtain a thorough understanding of the position and skill level we are seeking for this position. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
The Project Control Scheduler position provides support to Project Managers on various Utility projects with minimal guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function; the Central Data Management Function; and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in cost accounting and scheduling
• Experienced in using Primavera P6 or higher and SAP
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Experience managing construction projects
• Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Responsible for project tracking, analysis and communication of project cost, scope and schedule.
• In coordination with Project Manager develop project schedule and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input.
• Create, maintain and update schedules.
• Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks with appropriate stakeholders.
• Attend project status meetings, collect progress data and revise project plan as needed.
• Track commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans
• Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable.
• Prepare various scheduling reports and maintain forecast accuracy. Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
• Assess project risk and formulate contingency plans to mitigate the risks.
• Effectively complete multiple projects concurrently and provide guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We offer excellent pay, benefits.