POSITION SUMMARY :
Conduct NDE inspections using UT, MT, and PT methods.
- This position will work with the Inspection Services Group, reporting to the Inspection Services Manager.
- Regular, weekly travel is required as well as working at heights and/or confined spaces, and excavations.
- Conduct non-destructive (NDT) testing of components and materials in accordance with applicable codes, standards, equipment utilization, specifications, and procedures.
- Utilize appropriate NDT method to perform NDT inspections, including Ultrasonic Thickness, Magnetic Particle and Penetrant Testing.
- Select, prepare, load, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products or materials.
- Identify defects in materials using appropriate testing technique.
- Complete documentation and work orders thoroughly following established protocols and meeting required timeframes.
- Drive Company vehicles and maintain safe driving record.
- Provide instruction to assigned assistants and ensure safety of entire team.
- Perform general cleaning and minor maintenance duties to maintain company vehicles, routinely inspect equipment and maintain shop areas in a clean, orderly, and functional condition.
- Perform duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- NDT Methods – Expertise in multiple NDT methods and willingness to engage in ongoing learning and application of skills.
- Mechanical – Intermediate mechanical knowledge.
- Safety – Knowledge of, and willingness to follow and lead others to follow applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Apply these safety standards in the work environment and look out for other crew members.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking appropriate questions.
- Able to Work a Demanding and Flexible Schedule – Strong work ethic required. Able to work long periods of time, up to 16-hour days. Able to respond to call-outs on short notice and to stay on site, including long distance travel for extended periods of time.
- Physical Demands – Able to frequently lift and carry objects up to 75 pounds on loose, rough, or uneven terrain. Able to occasionally exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 150 pounds with assistance. Climbing and working at heights, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, standing for long periods, walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, working in confined spaces, working in extreme cold and heat, visual acuity, working near hazards including moving mechanical parts, working near electrical components and exposures to chemicals.
- Professional Appearance and Conduct – Dress appropriately for the assignment and maintain good hygiene.
- Customer Service – Interact professionally with customers. Punctual arrival to assignments.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine or process is working properly.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Critical Thinking – Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within 20 inches). Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to right or to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Teamwork – able to work effectively as part of a team and to provide instruction to others effectively and professionally.
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
High School Diploma or GED.
Certification and Licensure
Valid driver’s license. Insurability through company insurance carrier. Certification in UTT, MT and PT.
Demonstrated NDT skill, knowledge, or experience.