We are currently seeking Full time junior level Field Engineers for natural gas utility projects.
Read through the RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, and DUTIES CAREFULLY to obtain a thorough understanding of the position and skill level we are seeking for this position. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
We are seeking incredibly motivated people with working knowledge of construction in the field of civil engineering. This line of business is fast paced, and requires individuals that do not mind travelling within Northern California to the job sites and working with field crews. With experience, assignments will expand to inspecting and monitoring the work of contractors in support of Construction Management to assure compliance with specifications and plans. This position will work in both the field and office capacities.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
• 2+ years of experience in project management, engineering and/or construction
• Position includes job site visits about 75-80%
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one by first day of employment
• Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fire Retardant Clothing
• Experience using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
• Experience managing construction projects
• Utility Construction Management experience
• Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Responsible for assembling and submitting job packages
• Verification of As-built documentation
• Variance requests
• Quality control of documentation
• Construction Material ordering
• Material tracking/delivery
• Operation change notices
• Schedule support services
• Ensure asset maintenance procedures
• Field verification of units
• Weekly unit reporting
• Solve simple and complex engineering problems.
• Make engineering studies and analysis.
• Layout construction plans
• Establish and lead construction crews with agreed-upon roles and responsibilities
• Obtain commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans.
• Act as a liaison between owners, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, project team, management and other departments to obtain approval as needed.
• Implement quality standards, review project deliverables and communicate variances accordingly.
• Identify project performance issues, analyze and address them in a timely manner.
• Effectively complete multiple projects concurrently and provide guidance to construction crews as needed basis
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We offer excellent pay and benefits.