Administers civil and construction contracts for all aspects of work within Construction Operations. Oversees the procurement of civil and Construction, engineering, and consulting services. This position will work mainly in the office.
- Conducts negotiations with contractor and service providers to obtain favorable commercial terms and mitigate risk
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge of market conditions and trends. Develops new/alternate sources of supply, and assesses contractor capabilities.
- Independently prepares CWAs and other contracts. Prepares Contract Change Orders from Field Change order summaries.
- Maintains legal requirements for contacts and makes updates as needed. Works with legal to gain approval for contracts that meet review requirements.
- Manages contractor relationships to continually improve quality, service and cost.
- May act as process owner for the change order mailbox.
- Performs research and works with Legal to grain acceptance of newly proposed contract language.
- Audits project invoicing and completed units vs As-Built information to ensure proper billing.
- Collaborates with other staff members as needed to develop and improve services.
- Experience in construction, or related, 2-4 years
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- SPSM-Senior Professional in Supply Management certification
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Construction or engineering experience.
- Previous experience with Unifier, Ariba, and SAP.
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We offer excellent pay, benefits.