POSITION SUMMARY :
We are currently seeking Full-time Accounting Specialist for our Administrative Office in Pleasanton, CA.
Read through the RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS CAREFULLY to obtain a thorough understanding of the position and skill level we are seeking for this position. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
We are searching for a motivated Accounting Specialist who has accounting, billing, multitasking and time management skills. This position assists the Accounting department with high volume weekly and monthly client billing, data entry, document compilation, and reporting. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good excel skills.
To be a successful Accounting Specialist, you should understand basic Accounting principles and be proficient with computers and software, including MS Excel, Deltek Vantagepoint and Quickbooks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Billing and controlling the invoicing process to ensure timely and accurate submittals.
· Verify information entered in billing system.
· Research billing discrepancies and quickly address any issues delaying the billing process.
· Revise and edit invoices as needed.
· Prepare and distribute billing reports to management.
· Apply client invoice payments in system.
Provide additional support to the Accounting Department as requested
· Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong excel skills.
· Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
· Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
· Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
· Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· High school diploma or equivalent; BS/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
Paxon Energy & Infrastructure is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We offer excellent pay, benefits.